Search This Blog

Friday, July 30, 2010

To walk away with your head held high.

Over the last couple of days I have been challenged to look at how other peoples actions and words affect the way I view my daily life.

I struggle just like everyone else to hear what people say about me behind my back or even sometimes to my face. It can be comments on how you look, your height, weight, dress sense, sense of humour, lifestyle choice, sexuality, even your level of intelligence. To know that someone can be quite judgemental or harsh and often not considerate to emotions can really make you question how these people live happily with themselves when they are so full of either hatred or the need to put others down.

Often and I know it is the case for me, what happens in our past, shapes our response but as well as that, the way in which we deal with those memories shapes the future for us.

I have come to an interesting conclusion that I realised has been sitting there and maturing for a number of years.
We need to keep in the forefront of our minds our own self belief as well as our spiritual belief. If we live with honesty and integrity about ourselves and our lives. The comments and actions of others should only be reminders of how sad and mean the world can be, not an excuse for us to start doubting our importance in the world. I would love to see the day, when no hatred consumes this world, but I am reminded that as there will always be sin to the last day of this earth, so there will always be War, Slander, Hatred, Murder and deceit.

The only thing I find I can do now to combat this terrible problem is to suck up the air, hold my head high and continue to walk on my journey following the lamp that lights my path.

No comments:

Post a Comment