Search This Blog

Saturday, July 10, 2010

To be Loving and Generous

It's 2:04am... yep early morning for some, bed time for others. I'm finally winding down from an emotional, thought provoking, fun and stressful day all in one. There is nothing like knowing that you have been blessed in all parts of your life by a thought a shared experienced and a moment where you hear that voice saying 'humbleness brings you all the blessings you need'.

My day started by honouring the life of a Mildura legend. Milton Whiting passed away earlier in the week. For people who don't know Mildura's History. Mr. Whiting was a statesman, gentleman and champion for all people from all walks of life. He was a member of parliament, community social worker, Father, Grandfather, Inspiration, Mentor, Business advocate and most of all a Man of God.

I had the honour of playing the last post at his funeral because as well as his public life, he was a POW in WWII. His daughter who also happened to be an ex teacher of mine and a current council member asked me to perform this duty and I was honoured to do so. What I wasn't expecting was the learning that came with this oppurtunity.
I was again reminded the overall importance to cherish each moment I get to spend with family and friends and the love that I can show them as they continue to show me their love and support. I also was reminded that we have a charge to also do this to our neighbour and also to strangers. The people who spoke about Mr. Whiting, spoke of his generousity and his willingness to help others. I truly think that there is no greater gift in life than loving and helping each other, friend or not to find their journey in life and hopefully find not only the physical but the spiritual journey as well.

After this wonderful experience I was able to do something else that I haven't done for a long while but did enjoy in my past. GOLF!!! I'm a little rusty of the tee, but I did have a great time with two good friends as we sliced, hooked and chipped around the golf course. Mildura Golf Course is lovely and close to home, so I might have to look at Membership... Best part is that we all want to do this activity more often so my scores and shots will hopefully get better... time to hit the driving range when I get back from my journey overseas.
Then came a glorius moment.

As you might know... I love performing on stage. There is no safer place for me than standing under the lights performing to an audience. It is the one place where nothing in the world that worries or hurts my core, can get to me. I am finding another joy though at the moment. Being able to mentor others to perform is amazing and I was once again blessed by the 'Nun' Item in Gang Show.
It's amazing that Scouts are open to doing christian songs as part of their show and even better that I get to choose the songs for the show as part of a team. I can only imagine tonight turned into a 'awesome' moment of goosebumps and I'll admit a little tear running down my cheek.

I believe that the last couple of weeks have been a huge spiritual journey for me. I was asked my opinions on a couple of spiritual matters the other day by a friend. I found myself able to answer them quite comfortably but still wanting to discover what makes this such a commitment in my life.
I know God is at work with me and the oppurtunities that present to me, but I also know that I need to continue to seek his guidance. Part of this image of God is to imagine what he has in store for me.
I don't know what my trip overseas is going to bring. I don't know if this will be just another journey experience or if it will change my life forever in a drastic way. I'm actually feeling in my life that no matter what happens, I can trust him to show me his wonder.
Was the tears of joy, adoration or fear. Probably all of the above, but I know that he is generous, he is loving and my heart is blessed everytime I get to see others share the experience of spreading the message of Love, Grace and fogiveness, even if they don't know the impact that it has on people.

Love Life, Live Love.

Don.

No comments:

Post a Comment