Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Friendship, Loyalty and Grace

I have spent a lot of time recently thinking abou the reason why I have the friends I do. I have thought the following over the last couple of days.

To be a friend is to Love a person even with their dents,
follow their lives and be there to celebrate their successes and support in thier trials.
It is to be forgiving when you disagree and assertive when they need guidance.
It is being honest when you don't want to hear it, but tactful in how you present it.
A thought when you need to smile and a smile when you seem to lose yours,
a lighthouse when you get lost and a boat when you want to set sail.
warmth when you need a hug and a fan to cool you down when a little heated.
A brick to keep you grounded and a set of wings to let you soar.

But when it all comes down to it. A friend to me is what I see when I look into the eyes of those who I believe God has placed in my life to fill the hole that would otherwise would be an empty void in my precious and amazing journey that I call life.

1 comment:

  1. Ah love it, love it, love it - keep it going mate. The insight the thoughtfulness the openness to learn and discover - you know what I mean - bless ya mate!

    ReplyDelete