Search This Blog

Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Stream

As I imagine a gentle stream flowing, I remember that life just like the water does not stop flowing not even around the rocks that place themselves in our way.

The above thought came to me in my reflection time this evening.

We are often 'blocked' by the things in our lives that are like walls for us reaching what life has intended for us.... We are so caught up in the wall that we forget the formidable force that is the gentle pushing of the water or will.

I am reminded of the giants of history who often faced adversity to overcome the odds. I think of the stream of life that gives me the water of the spirit of God to live a life that is in his image and I also think of those barriers that I have overcome and will overcome in the future.

The power of Water is something that I have always loved. The fact that it breaks down the rock overtime eroding it to the point where it crumbles or bores a hole so that water can pass through, over and around it.

The Stream flows gently, but underneath the current is strong.... May our lives do that.... Be peaceful on the outside by challenged on the inside to do great things with the right intention.

No comments:

Post a Comment