Search This Blog

Friday, February 11, 2011

mmmmm when people pay out my chosen career

I happen to have chosen a career that I feel is both the most noble and also the most hated position in communities, well at least that's how it feels sometimes. Teaching for me is about inspiring and teaching young people to not only live life to the fullest and take every opportunity but to also do it to the best of their ability, learning how to apply lifeskills learnt to lifeskills living....

So I stumbled across this great quote tonight which I believe might just put this job into perspective. My Career is the forerunner to every other career, for it is the humble people who give up their lives and time to make sure that people can choose a career they believe they are born to do.

If a doctor, lawyer, or dentist had 40 people in his office at one time, all of whom had different needs, and some of whom didn't want to be there and were causing trouble, and the doctor, lawyer, or dentist, without assistance, had to treat them all with professional excellence for nine months, then he might have some conception of the classroom teacher's job.

~Donald D. Quinn

No comments:

Post a Comment