Search This Blog

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Wish I had the chance






I have been thinking lately a great deal about the importance of family and the memories that we share in those moments.

I unfortunately never met any of my grandparents. They all sadly passed on before I was born. This in itself is not uncommon amongst people I'm sure but for me as I've got older and interested in my family history really feel that I didn't get to experience the precious moments in my life that oncan be shared by having your grandparents around (to maybe spoil you) :P



This led to the following song. My latest composition! The words are below.

Wish I had the chance!

Composer: Donald Mayne

1.

I look at the pictures on the wall.

They have so much history, but it don't seem real at all.

I wish that I met you in your time.

The sound of silence, is broken by the chime.

Pre- Chorus:

And I wish you got to hold me in your arms.

The way I hold the pictures from the past.

Chorus:

But the only memories,

Are the ones that people tell,

They’re only distant stories,

From the ones who knew you well.

But I know that when I look up,

To the heavens up above.

You look right back down from heaven,

And send right back down your love.

2.

I Know that God had called you home.

I think it was to soon, but I guess I must be wrong.

I hope that you'd be proud of me.

I tried to be the best, the best that I could be.

Pre Chorus & Chorus

3.

I look at all the faded photographs,

I see your smiling faces, they stare right at me.

I wipe off the dust away from you.

Then look to heaven, and let my thoughts run free

Pre Chorus & Chorus

Tag:

You look right back down from heaven,

And send right back down your love.

Copyright © 2011 Donald Mayne

No comments:

Post a Comment