Search This Blog

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Where it all Began!!

I was sorting out some photos tonight on my network drive and thought that I would share a couple with you.
just a little over 20 years ago, I learnt the skills required to lead me to where I am now as a musician. I started on a garden hose with a funnel and then began lessons with a wonderful man called Frank Whitecross. It was Frank who from the start told me to never forget the blessings and gifts I have been given and that I should always 'play for God'. This all happened in the old Salvation Army band room in Madden avenue and it was here that I also learnt the correct fundamentals in both the physical nature of playing and also the emotional and spiritual levels as well. It was then two teachers (Rex Peirce and Rob Booth) as well as many mentors that helped shape the person and musician that I am today.
Many years have past by, many gigs have been played on many stages with many different levels of musicians and tonight I was once again reminded that the blessings that this journey have given me along the way have made this journey a terrific experience. Enjoy!

Don.

Pics top to bottom
Me as a young lad with my first trumpet
the original Chaffey Rat Pack: Jason Harvey, Naomi Mclean, Hope Favelle, Glen Foster and me,
Playing at the Adelaide Cabaret Festival 2004
Doing a gig with Apple Tree at the Mildura Grand
Karl Stefanovic and me at the SMGT Awards Gala
James Morrison and I having a good time
Mildura Jazz Festival promo 2008 with Brodie Steel and Ian Horbury
Playing as the pre band for Smokin' Joe Robinson
Screamin' Lead as a guest for the Riverland All Star Bigband
Sitting in with Marmalaide Trio at the Mildura Arts Festival 2010.






No comments:

Post a Comment