Search This Blog

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Reflecting

Well it's nearly been three weeks and I'm finally going to do part 2 of my talk. This reflection has been a constant journey over the last couple of weeks as I have prepared my talks and gone over all my notes.

I went back over everything earlier and decided to change a couple of things in the talk but can not get over the amazing experience that the WYC2010 was for all that went. My heart is warmed everytime I think back to the experiences and the conversations I had with God and with the many people from all over the world. Sharing a laugh with God as well as tears and sitting in his presence knowing that 1000 people are all getting a different promise, challenge in their own language is something to behold and just leaves me in awe of a great God out there that puts every star in the sky, every planet in orbit, every man on this earth and at the same time carries me when I know I am not able to journey with him on my own two feet.

I also must add to this, the time that I've had since coming back. My life is changed forever. I have found myself finding coming back to earth so to speak a little harder than I thought it would of been. I've slowly got back into the grind of my job, and caught up with friends to share my experiences, but I have also felt challenged to reach out to the friends that I have let go or have not been able to share with for a while. My heart warms when I think of these people and I can hear them say to me; Stay grounded in your own mind so God can speak to you. I also hear my mind praying for each and every friend of mine that they may continue to seek God out in their lives or come to know him for them personally.

God has amazing plans for each one of us and I can't wait to see what he has in store for me!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Don, I too cannot wait to see what God has in store for you. Thanks for continuing to share your reflective thoughts, appreciate this and also am challenged by it personally. Bless ya real good mate!

    ReplyDelete