Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

recognition

I learnt a lesson a long time ago which has recently resurfaced in my life.
People crave recognition!! Some people love it. They need it to feed that inner self indulgent heart that lives inside them.

Everyone likes to be recognised for their achievements and their hard work. For me I am a person that finds acknowledgement something that is a little hard to accept sometimes. But saying that it is still nice to have acknowledgement in the form of a thankyou. The thankyou does not have to be public for I find that the hardest to accept, but a thanks means more to me than any public display of gratitude. I'm not feeling or experiencing this at all at the moment, eventhough the work going in seems to be huge. Not only that I feel that I'm slowly being squashed in my roles and not getting all the requirements given to me to do my roles to the best of my ability.

I want to admit the struggle that I have had recently. It goes beyond recognition, it is where I struggle with a believe that the effort I put into areas of my life are worth even bothering with if I can't even feel a sense of self gratitude in myself.
When I'm climbing a hill and there is not much to grab onto on, I can only grab onto one thing. I'm am clinging to the cross and it's promise, because God knows my heart and knows that even when I doubt that things are going well...

That is when I am reminded just how lucky and blessed I am. I don't care anymore about the recognition like others because I need to do the right thing in my heart. Forfeit the self ego in favour of the humble spirit.

Please Pray!!!

Lord be a strength and guide to my life everyday!
Be a comforter when I am weary and a Blessing when I am weak!
A saviour for the lost and a footstep for the hurt!

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment