Search This Blog

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Accountability with Compassion

Over the last few months it seems that I have been continually challenged by keeping people accountable in their lives as people have done for me but doing this with a graceful and compassionate heart.

When a person falls in life, we are left with a choice. Do we act like the soldier on the battlefield who will not leave his friend and comerade there or are we like the ghost that disapears out of sight so we don't have to face the obligation of helping but also being accountable for our friend.

I have been asked how I can stand there and be friends with a couple of people in my life because of their actions and situations. Firstly, I believe that I can be a positive spiritual and personal impact on them. I can be the light that helps them get out of the darkness of their hearts and minds (with God's Strength and Guidance). Secondly it is what friends do. I would like to think that if I am in the valleys of life, that the friends that I consider dear and special to my life would not only keep me accountable but stand with me and compassionantly guide me back to the light.

The people I speak of may read this and wonder why I would write about such a thing on a public blog.
My heart hurts when I hear of a friend hurting, My mind thinks about the situations and about you and others and how you are travelling, just as people do about my journey, and most of all; I want to publicly declare my desire to keep you accountable but Love you with the same Grace that God loves us each day of our lives.

God Strengthen Us Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment