Search This Blog

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Being the Candle!

I found out last night that I was playing a solo on sunday. It's not a bad thing at all. I think that it's a great opportunity to share the message through my music. The piece was chosen and strangely the song had been in my mind through the week because I was once again thinking about Lighthouses and was reading about a Lighthouse operators life long passion to save ships from disaster and his love of climbing up every night to look out and see the majestic power of the ocean.

The song I am playing is a beautiful songster piece which I have adapted and rearranged for the meeting called 'The Candle of the Lord' by Joy Webb.

The words are a continual challenge to me.

How great the darkness,
How deep the need!
How vast the problems of indiff'rence, hate and greed.
A world rejecting,
The truth once known,
And slipping down into a nightmare of it's own.
Is there a light,
that's strong enough to go,
and change the world, the darkness that we know.

Chorus:
I am the candle of the Lord,
And truth and love more powerful than sword!
O fan the flame, its single gleam diffuse,
and let my spirit be the light that you can use.
I am the candle of the lord.
Light me!

How great the light is;
From soul to soul.
A myriad tiny flames expanding to a whole.
How strange the truth is,
When joined as one,
and what a miracle this shining could become.
It could transform the darkness that we know,
and clearly light the way mankind must try to go.

Even in times of Darkness, God offers us Light. We therefore need to be ready with a strong presence to offer light to others, but unlike the light of man who after a while will extinguish and surrender to darkness, we need to be lit by the eternal everlasting light that not even darkness can extinguish.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment