Search This Blog

Thursday, January 2, 2014

A moment is past and a memory created

Sometimes life happens in an instant and a memory is created for a lifetime. Sometimes an experience taks some time but becomes something special.

Today a memory was created as I participated in the 2014 Rose Bowl Parade. I was joined by over 180 Salvation Army Musicians as we played in a massed band for the milliion+ people in attendance and the many more millions watching around the world.

I can't quite find the words to express the experience at present but I know that in all of the hype and anticipation, one thing remained. I was to do a march that would be something that would impact my life in many more ways than just being a part of a big brass band.

My thoughts are of a humble spirit at the moment as I think about the opportunity that has come my way. This trip away has been wonderful for my soul and I know that it is something that I have needed for a long time.

I don't know what is going to happen on my return to Australia. I may have to make some tough decisions about who, what and how I share my life experiences. I may have to make some decisions about others that will hurt for a time, but I know that life is what it is and I am not one to question it, but see the learning that happens in every moment and experience.

I do know that for the rest of my life, there is a story to be told about a small town country kid, growing up and one day getting a chance to play on one of the biggest stages of them all.. In a band without my name ever being put on the screen.


No comments:

Post a Comment