Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

humble and greatful

Early last year I was prompted to make a contribution to a school that for four years gave me every oppurtunity I could have to be the best musician and best person I could be. This idea came in the form of a music scholarship.
Tonight I was able to attend my old high school of Chaffey Secondary College and personally hand this award out, which for me was a humbling experience knowing that only 10 or so years ago I was sitting where the students were waiting to recieve awards. I was not a perfect student, I had my faults but I was always brought up to try hard and strive to do my best. This was apparent with the number of awards and scholarships I received in my schooling and how I can still look back on those moments and smile. Tonight many of those awards still exist like the South Mildura Rotary Scholarship. I won that in yr 10 and took great pride in seeing that someone else would win that beautiful plague that still proudly hangs on my wall.

The most humbling and satisfying thing for me was seeing teachers who taught me honoured for their years of teaching. I model my teaching on what was shown to me and the teachers I spoke to and shared with tonight all had a profound impact on my learning and me becoming the person I am.
There is a whole blog I could write on each of those teachers, but that is for another time.

I would just like to finish with this statement:

I have been honoured to share in an experience which shows that when someone is able to give, others feel blessed. When others are open to acceptance, others will outstretch their arms and show love. When songs are sung and played, others will grab on for the ride.

Hang On,

Don.

No comments:

Post a Comment