Search This Blog

Monday, December 13, 2010

Exhaustion is not advised!

I have always maintained a sense of honesty in my life and this blog is no exception.

The subject for the blog comes from the personal experiences that I have faced recently.

I am a 'Yes' Person! This might sound so suprising but If I can help or can offer assistance, I usually will say yes and rise to the call for help. This often comes as a sacrifice to my free time, my physical and emotional condition (over a long period of time) and to my overall satisfaction with people and their work ethic. I constantly remind myself that I maybe the one who has it wrong, when other seem to do less than expected but still get their gratitude or what we assume they should deserve.
I am not comfortable with recognition or praise, but accept that it is important for people to celebrate successes, but it is a balancing act, one which requires wisdom.

I have had many wise people tell me to just say no. What has happened though is as I have done this it has given me more 'me' time but I have found a problem with boredom......

So what is my realisation. I have rediscovered the things I love by being in my state of exhaustion by factoring in and planning me time. I have included it in my schedule, so my brain can believe that I am still busy, however the tasks that I want to complete for me and no one else still appear as work...

I do not reccomend being exhausted as this takes it tool on not just you, but on everyone around you. I am attempting to sit in the silence of the world and listen to what life and God is telling me. My me time is not solidary as God is able to communicate with me. But I know that in this conversation, God has given me the challenge to make time not only for myself, but for friends and him as well...

Lord,

May the seconds that pass go slow enough that I have time to rest, but fast enough to keep my mind focused on the tasks at hand.
May you strengthen me in this time of challenge and exhaustion and refresh my mind, body and spirit to work in this world you.

No comments:

Post a Comment