Search This Blog

Friday, June 25, 2010

Wow what 11 weeks can do to the body, mind and spirit

Well another term has come to and end. I know that for some people who read this they are going to say 'so what, you get 12 weeks holiday a year and you get paid well... stop whinging.'

I am not going to even grace those thoughts with a response, because really I've grown even in the last 11 weeks to be comfortable with people assuming that without realising all of the rigours of the job.

11 weeks have flown by at times, and other times have felt like I'm digging through the ground with a teaspoon to dig out my trench against the often edgy teenage population. Underscoring this has been a slow but fufilling journey. I have experienced extreme highs and extreme lows. I have learnt that I may be very resillient but even I have the frustration fuse in me and that I have to keep it in check. I have learnt the lessons of sufferers of disease and just what I should complain about. I have learnt that my life is so precious to others and that I am finding a great joy in sharing life with them.

Sometimes I forget to say no, step back and look at life.... In fact if I was truthful, it's not so much that I forget as I just don't say no...... A lesson to be learnt in this, from an expert in this field. Your mind and body knows when to stop... it's our ignorance that leads us to suffer and our pride in stopping and asking for help. We are strong in Christ not in ourselves. God wants to talk to us and guide us, not hang on while we decide to take him on a ride.

2 weeks of holidays don't exist unfortuantly. I'm off to Sweden for a couple of weeks after the holidays and thus have had to take leave without pay... a few more years yet before long service leave... Knowing me I won't take LSL and battle on... :S

I have lessons to plan, shows to play for, research to be done and most of all, time to clean up, practise heaps and imagination what the future has installed for me.... God Bless you all.

1 comment:

  1. Love the openness Don and always to see the growth in you over the years. Keep it up! As for Sweden, go well and enjoy the journey, I look forward to reading more about that too. Bless ya real good mate!

    ReplyDelete