Search This Blog

Monday, June 21, 2010

Plans and options

It's funny how no matter what you plan in life, something will pop up to challenge you so that you have to think about options.

I have looked at a lot of situations in my life recently and have determined that I have many options, many gifts and many skills in which I could trial and see what works.

I'm finding though that my searching into my own mind and heart has revealed some very important insights that I know I have always valued, but may have not always spent time focussing on their impact.

There is my generousity: I have been given so much by people in my past. Not only money or possesion, but friendship, guidance, love, kindness, respect and hospitality. It is a gift that I really feel needs to be repaid. Not necessarily to the people who were generous to me, but to others so we can keep generousity moving throughout society.

There is my judgement: I'm not perfect, but I do find that some things in my life are really sound when it comes to my thoughts and my deeds. I live those values rather than impose, but hopefully others will see it and know about how important the values of Honesty, Integrity, and sound decisions are to my life.

and then there is something that is very important; Trust.
I have had many discussions with people lately about why I do or don't have an issue with trust.
I don't have an issue with trust as much as the people who break it. It's not that I don't like the people.. I just really dislike the action.
Too many times, the trust is broken between people and rather than grace being displayed or reconcilliation happening, we are pushed into the spiral that is lies and justification for our actions. We are all vunerable to this and it is important that we keep in mind what our hearts say to us when this happens to us.

My life is always a challenge when it comes to balancing it all out. I know that options are there, and I have people that I know keep me in check and keep me moving forward. Words don't have to be written or said to know the importance of them in my life. When I've had an option to run, I've found I'm never alone and together I can fight my battles, knowing that my true friends are fighting right along beside me. With my Trust, I have faith, with my judgement comes grace and with my generousity comes Love.


What are your options in Life?

1 comment:

  1. Ah the wisdom. Thanks Don for getting back into the Blog game - loved it today. Value your integrity and honesty and willingness to place yourself under the microscope. You know my own push toward trust, being a big Lencioni fan. Well done mate and thanks!

    ReplyDelete