Search This Blog

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Post Halls gap and Christmas

Hi all,
Sorry about the very long delay in posting, but I must bring all of my readers up to date.
The Bigband was really firing on all cylinders on the saturday night and I'm happy to say that my playing was able to keep up with what was going on in my head. I believe they could hear me from the pinnacle which is not a huge when you are playing at the bottom of the mountain range and it echoes but exciting non the less.
The Sunday morning though was a little bit more eventful. I had concerns my car was playing up and what was to happen possibly was a disaster for me but comedy for a lot of other people. My car stopped dead in the middle of Grampians Rd an hour before I was to hit the stage. The Mechanic told me it could be a timing belt.... great; that equals some money to repair... Well the RACV came to the party and a tow truck with me in it and the car on the back, made a journey from Halls Gap back to Mildura.. It was in Ouyen when we discovered that a touch (mine) had possibly caused it and that it could be worse than I thought.

Well fast forward to now. It took 7 weeks to get my car back. In the end it cost me just over $4000 and out of it I have basically got a brand new head for my car, new seals and new pumps and gaskets etc.... it pretty well blew apart the engine..... so in the end, it was a rather frustrating journey from Halls Gap to Now.

Musically and spiritually it was an amazing weekend and I encourage you all to keep an ear out for the Territorial Bigband of the Salvation Army.

TODAY is Christmas day! The day that christians mark the birth of Jesus Christ hence CHRISTmas.

I had the amazing honour of playing for both the morning service and also for the community lunch that we put on each year. This year had over 150 people at it.

Below is a presentation I performed for them, I made the vid out of some stock photos I had found.....

Enjoy!

Don.

No comments:

Post a Comment